The current beauty trend is to go bare faced. For some time, laser treatments have been used to help achieve better skin complexion. After all, nothing boosts the confidence more than looking good without having to hide behind layers of make-up.
During laser treatments, doctors use a highly focused beam of light for skin rejuvenation and reducing skin irregularities like scars or blemishes. Not only do they help us to attain the desired appearance but they are also effective in maintaining good skin health. Despite their high efficacy and proven results, many are still concerned about going for them with doctors.
In the video below, Dr. Terence Tan addresses some common concerns and queries on laser treatments.
In the laser video above, he answers the following questions:
- A common concern that laser treatments are too harsh for the skin
- Whether they are suitable for sensitive skin
- How they can help treat enlarged pores
- What treatment is suitable for addressing freckles and sunspots on the face
- Concern about downtime
- If there is any side effect of having frequent laser treatments
“The modern lasers of today have come a long way,” says Dr Tan. “While downtime was a big concern in the past, for instance, things have changed with the emergence of non-ablative lasers like the Fraxel Dual laser.” The Fraxel® Dual laser targets only the deeper layers of the skin while the top-most skin is retained to reduce the downtime.
In the hands of a skilled doctor, laser skin treatments can:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines to improve wrinkled and sun-damaged skin
- Tighten sagging skin and reduce pore size by stimulating collagen growth
- Even out skin tone by lightening pigments
- Remove scars caused by acne, chickenpox or injuries as well as blemishes like veins, tattoos, liver spots, and age spots
- Remove hair and skin lumps like milia, syringoma, and moles
Laser treatments have been proven to improve firmness, texture and appearance of skin.
Categories: Beauty with a Difference, Laser, VideosTags: acne scar, Acne Scar Programme, acne scar removal, box scar, fraxel, fraxel dual laser, fraxel laser, laser, laser treatments, pigmentation, skin care, skin rejuvenation, sunspots