There is no denying that the process of losing weight is a challenging one. More so in Singapore, where being the melting pot of cultures, brings with it an array of delicious treats and many gastronomical delights.
As daunting as it may seem, a weight loss journey does not have to be a difficult one. Getting help is a good start especially when it’s about doing it the safe and right way.
In the video below, Jean Tong, Nutritionist and CoolSculpting Programme Manager with Halley Medical Aesthetics, addresses some common weight loss concerns such as:
- If eating less on some days and more on others is a good weight management strategy
- The amount of calories an adult should ideally consume per day
- If losing weight involves having to stay away from one’s favourite food
- If exercising more and eating less is an ideal practice to lose weight
“Weight loss should not be a painful process, you should be able to eat food that you enjoy.”
Jean points out that a balanced diet involves both quality and quantity. When it comes to exercising, it’s essential to ensure that what you consume can meet the energy or output requirement. Consuming nutrient-dense food such as wholemeal bread, brown rice, fruits, and vegetables with a daily exercise routine would certainly help in achieving weight loss.
Consulting a nutritionist’s advice for your weight loss needs can:
- Give a better understanding of your body;
- Tailor a weight loss plan that is safe and suitable for your needs; and
- Provide nutrition support to weight loss treatments for full efficacy.
For whatever reasons your weight loss goals may be, it’s important that you do not put yourself in harm’s way. After all, at the end of the day, it’s about feeling and looking good. If you’re not sure how to address your weight management issues, please seek professional advice.
Categories: Slimming & Weight Loss, VideosTags: body contouring, easy weight loss, lose weight, losing weight, nutritionist, weight, weight gain, weight issue, weight loss, weight loss for men, weight loss for women, weight loss women, weight management