Having less thrills during sex and losing bladder control after childbirth? It’s time to tighten and tone up your vagina and pelvic floor muscles at Halley Body Slimming Clinic.
Having a baby is one of the biggest joys in life. With the delivery of your child, your body is not the same anymore. You still carry the weight gained during pregnancy, your tummy is riddled with stretch marks, and you have loose skin you can pinch around your waist. These are just physical changes you can see from the outside. What you may not be telling anyone, not even your husband, are the changes that you are experiencing in your most intimate area—your vagina.
How childbirth changes things
During the vaginal delivery process, your pelvic floor muscles stretch and vaginal muscle loosen to allow the baby through. Sometimes the perineum, which is the skin between the vagina and anus might tear or be cut by a doctor to allow the baby out.
- Painful, unpleasurable sex – With so much “trauma” down under, it is not unusual for women to feel that their vagina is looser than usual, which reduces pleasurable friction during sex. What’s more, the perineum is an erogenous zone and injury sustained during the delivery can result in perineal pain or pain during sex.
- Stress urinary incontinence – Our pelvic floor muscles control our bladder and bowel. When the muscles are stretched and loosened, that’s when we find ourselves leaking urine when we don’t want to. It could be during sex, exercising, or even when we sneeze or cough.
- Goodbye “Big O” – During orgasm, our pelvic floor muscles contract and release. The weaker your pelvic floor muscles, the less pleasure you get from sex.
What are your options?
- Surgery – Cosmetic surgery like vaginoplasty can effectively treat vagina laxity. However, patients have to manage the inconvenience of downtime and possible adverse reactions like infection and scarring.
- Exercise -There are conservative methods like the use of vagina cones and Kegel exercises. Both tighten the vaginal tissue muscles and strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. But it requires self-discipline and plenty of self-motivation to use them for an extensive period of time to achieve the desired result.
- Non-invasive tightening treatments – For ladies who do not want invasive surgery to address vaginal tissue laxity, there are no downtime, non-invasive vaginal tightening treatments available in medical clinics. Halley Body Slimming Clinic, for instance, combines two tried-and-tested technologies—radio frequency (RF) and functional magnetic stimulation—for the strengthening of both vaginal tissue and pelvic floor muscles.
“The pairing of two safe, synergistic treatments effectively addresses the post-pregnancy woes that most women face, which is vagina laxity and stress urinary incontinence. The beauty of these treatments is that there is no downtime and they can be done over lunch. It doesn’t affect your lifestyle nor your sexual function after treatment,” says Dr. Donna Chow of Halley Body Slimming Clinic offers a suite of weight management, fat reduction, body firming, and even muscle toning treatments to help people achieve their body goals. The clinic also provides no downtime doctor and therapist treatments monitored by Dr. Chow to address the intimate issue of feminine rejuvenation.
Feminine rejuvenation at Halley Body Slimming Clinic
The RF vaginal tightening treatment is done by Dr. Chow using the Exilis Ultra Femme 360 device (Exilis). This treatment heats up the deeper tissue underneath the vagina and skin surface. This stimulates collagen production and tightens elastin fibres to firm and tone the vagina and vulvar areas. Four once-weekly treatments are required to see result, and Dr. Chow recommends a maintenance treatment of once every six months. The treatment only takes 25 mins.
This treatment is then followed by the Tesla Muscle Former (Tesla) treatment by a female therapist. The Tesla uses a focused, magnetic field to activate the motor neurons of the pelvic floor muscles surrounding the vagina and urinary tract to strengthen them. Eight once-weekly sessions are required for optimal results, followed by a maintenance treatment of once every six months. This treatment only takes 30 mins.
Patients can also complete their feminine rejuvenation experience with Brazilian hair removal with laser treatment by Dr. Chow.
Reclaiming our femininity safely
As vaginal tissue laxity is a taboo topic, it is understandable for patients to visit their neighbourhood spas or even buy products online as their first line of help. Even though there are medical clinics which also offer no downtime, non-invasive vaginal tightening treatments by doctors, going to a spa seems more convenient and less daunting than telling a doctor your problems.
“It boils down to personal preference but considers your options carefully before deciding on a treatment. We all want to reclaim our body and femininity after childbirth, but let us do it safely,” says Dr. Chow.
Halley Body Slimming Clinic
From the aesthetics clinic that has a practice dedicated to weight loss and body contouring, Halley Medical Aesthetics (Halley) is proud to introduce its new Halley Body Slimming Clinic (Halley Body). Halley Body is an expansion and a bigger vision of what it has been doing at Halley to help people achieve their body goals through non-invasive treatments and weight loss products that are medically-proven, safe, effective, and affordable.
At Halley Body, we want to deliver a holistic experience for people who want to transform their body, but who do not know how to start or who have been facing problems achieving their body goals—from slimming, body contouring, firming of loose body skin to toning of their muscles. Therefore, we have a range of safe, effective, and no-downtime fat removal and body firming treatments using tried and tested devices like Vanquish, Exilis, high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU), and the Tesla Muscle Former. The clinic also offers doctor-monitored weight management programmes that offer patients the use of weight loss medications and supplements approved by the health authorities. This includes Saxenda, the weight loss injectable pen, and Optifast, a meal replacement by Nestle.
Led by Dr. Donna Chow who is a Doctor at Halley, the clinic also has no-downtime doctor treatments dedicated to feminine rejuvenation. This allows us to offer services that are focused on the tightening and toning of an intimate female area —the vagina, as well as the pelvic floor muscle.
Halley Body will be opened in October 2019 and is located right next to Halley in Orchard Gateway shopping mall at unit #03-16. With this launch, Halley and Halley Body are combined to offer an aesthetics experience that covers the face and body needs of patients in one single convenient and central location.